Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Quilting Done -- Now the finishing work.











The quilting is done. It took over 18 hours. I'm satisfied with it. There are a few things I would do differently and a few things that don't meet the show standard in my view, but overall I'm very pleased with Leah's Spring quilt.

Now I'm blocking the quilt. First I laid it out on top of a sheet on my studio floor. Then I steamed it with a steam iron. Then I pinned about every inch along two edges and steamed some more. One edge has about a 1/4" bow to it. It should be fairly easy to steam and block it into square. The best option would have been to get the quilt wet and then block it but I don't have time to wait for it to dry. The binding must go on tomorrow and be hand stitched down so that the quilt can be delivered for the show on Thursday.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I have so enjoyed watching the progress on this quilt! It is a masterpiece and I am looking forward to seeing it at the Expo and at your Open House!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. What a tribute to Leah. You are the best quilter I know!