Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Completely Finished!!


As of one hour ago, the quilt is completely finished. The binding is done, the label is on and the sleeve is attached. I've photographed it -- never have I taken so many pictures of a quilt!! So now it's time to package it up and take it to the quilt shop where the show quilts are dropped. At times I really didn't think this could get done by today. It was just a little over a week ago that the appliques weren't quite done and the machine quilting wasn't even started. It's been a lot of work. Whether or not it wins any prizes is inconsequential. What really matters to me is the expression of love that went into making this quilt. It will always be a very special quilt to me.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

So beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person. I'm learning alot about quilting by reading your blog. It's very interesting and takes a lot of things and tools I never would have imagined! Thanks for sharing my friend.

Tammy said...

It's a beauty!
Good luck at the show!

The Michigonians said...

I have heard so much about you from our friend, Becky. She brought us up to date on Leah Grace and her wonderful little life. I love this quilt that you have done in her memory. It is beautiful, the quilting exquisite and I cannot wait to see it at expo. God Bless your family.

Latane Barton said...

Oh my, what a fantastic quilt. Looks like springtime is here.