Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wednesday's Adventures

Progress was made on the silk quilt for my daughter and son-in-law today. The quilt is all cut out after 2 additional trips to fabric stores for more fabric. One set of blocks are complete. These are 12 inch blocks so this quilt should go together quickly. I did find out that an unknown fiber content of one of the fabrics was obviously a polyester. It was purchased in the home dec part of a store and I thought it might be silk -- wrong! When I went to press a seam yesterday it melted away under the iron. Oh well, the block was recut and sewn and I'll just be careful with the rest of those fabric pieces. I'm certainly not going to make another trip out for more fabric. I need to get to sewing.

No comments: