Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Memory Quilt for Leah Grace






















This last week I made a photo quilt as a memorial for my granddaughter, Leah Grace. Leah Grace passed away on June 27, 2009 at 99 days old. We knew her life would be short, but she was such a fighter, making it far longer than any in the medical community predicted. I'm so glad she was at home for most of her life and so many got to meet and take care of her. She was a very special baby.






I started this quilt the day after her death, picking out 9 photos to put in the quilt. A friend came on Tuesday and we worked most of the day piecing the quilt. By 10:00 that night I had it on my longarm machine. I finished it at 10:00 p.m. on Friday night the day before her memorial service. It was therapeutic to put a lot of effort into making something beautiful to remember Leah Grace by. I will miss her so much.

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's beautiful and full of love, Laurie. Just like little Leah.