Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

From scraps to a really cute quilt



It's amazing what one can find in their stash of quilting fabric. I was looking last week for some scraps that I could use for a lap sized quilt to give as a wedding gift. I found part of jelly roll. It was a Moda Christmas pattern from several years ago. I made several table runners with the fabric but didn't use the designs that weren't very christmassy. Using this leftover fabric, I cut it into 6 inch strips and started to sew them together. I only had enough for 4 rows. Not enough to make a quilt top, but I had about 1 1/2 yards of this black polka dot fabric that looked really good with the rows. So using 1 1/2 inch strips, I sewed those around the 6" jelly row strips. Still not big enough. Then I added the long white strips, another white border around the whole thing and finished it off with a 4" black polka dot border. It was cute before it got quilted but extra cute after the quilting was finished.

3 comments:

grandmarockton said...

very very nice!

Furball Farm Quilting said...

What a wonderful job of the quilting! It really does "make" the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Marglow said...

I just love the quilting on this!